în română | на русском | in english
May 2, 2007
- The first report on media coverage
- Sixteen possible candidates for the Chisinau mayor office
- Obstruction of the EAM participation in elections
- The Association of Independent Press (AIP) and Independent Journalism Centre (IJC), as members of the Civic Coalition for Free and Fair Elections — Coalition 2007, have presented their findings on the election campaign media coverage by the main broadcasting station and newspapers from Moldova. The findings envisage the April 10–24 period. According to the general conclusions, two different approaches are seen in the case of tv and radio stations: a) one part of electronic and printed media is continuing the early noticed tendency to favour indirectly the ruling party, while avoiding to attack the opposition parties, ignoring them; another part attempts to reflect the election campaign without being tendentious, while criticising sometimes the PCRM.
- The Chisinau electoral district council (CEDC) will examine today whether to register or not two other candidates to the Chisinau Municipality mayor office: Ludmila Bolbocean, proposed by the European Party (EP), and Svetlana Mislitchi, from the Republican People Party (RPP) side.
Petru Bodarev has put forward the necessary documents to be registered as an independent candidate to the Chisinau mayor office.
CEDC has received as well as the documents of Ilie Bujenita, from the Ecologist Party “Green Alliance” side, demanding his registration as candidate for the same office.
- “European Action” Movement (EAM) will not be able to run into the 2007 local general election, as the Ministry of Justice has registered this political party only on April 12 and as the Central Electoral Commission did allow the EAM to take part at this election race. The movement will support in these elections its members who will run as independent candidates, if they manage to register themselves until May 4. According to the EAM chairman, Anatol Petrencu, the authorities have delayed in an abusive manner to register the party so that to make impossible the EAM participation in the electoral competition. Through the means of delaying the party registration, the rights to free assembly, free speech and to be elected of more than 10 thousands EAM members were disregarded, has added Petrencu. (after Info-Prim Neo)